Unlike many other states, Idaho has no law that pertains to locks and locksmiths for rental properties and as a result, many Idaho Landlords do not change the lock between tenants. FRPM's policy is to change the locks after every tenant to ensure the safety of the new tenant and also protect the old tenant from any liability.
Mr. Re-Key is a national Lock and key company and has built their business creating key systems that meet the different state laws. In fact, they have expanded and now provide a 3rd party inspection of other tenant safety items such as smoke and CO detectors. First Rate Property Management's blog caught their attention and they submitted an excellent link for us to post regarding locksmith scams. We hope this benefits property owner and tenants alike.
All about locksmith scams: the process of locksmith scams
- Boise Area Rental Market
- Boise Area Real Estate Market
- Property Management
- Boise Real Estate Market
- Boise and Idaho in the News
- Deferred property maintenance
- Rental Property Maintenance
- Fair Housing
- Is renting Overtaking the Housing Market?
- 3rd Quarter Vacancy Update
- Interest Rates and Inflation: A Mystery
- Quarter 2 Vacancy Information
- We're Calling it: Rental Market Softens
- Tony Drost
- Melissa Sharone
- Kristen Curtis
- Tyler Brown
- Tara Pecora
- Marie Swanson
- Lizz Loop